Before You Begin
We try to set up an RRR.fm account set up within 24 hours of payment. Occasionally our "Welcome to RRR.fm!" email containing vital information is accidentally deleted or blocked because of school firewalls or spam filters.
- Emails from RRR.fm will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure that you can receive emails from @educationalrap.com, and that you have internet access to http://www.educationalrap.com and http://rrr.fm.
- If you do not receive the "Welcome to RRR.fm!" email within 24 hours of sign up, check your spam or trash folder first, then contact email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org as a firewall or spam filter may be blocking it.
What is RRR.fm?
RRR.fm is a streaming music service for teachers and schools offered by Rhythm, Rhyme, Results (educationalrap.com). It enables teachers and students to access music at any time as long as they have internet access. New songs are added to the service at no additional cost.
The following subscription types are available:
- Monthly or Annual (Annual includes two months free)
- Individual teacher, single school, or school district
- One subject or complete library
Learn more at our website, http://www.educationalrap.com/rrrfm
How do I log in to my teacher account?
- First, go to http://rrr.fm
- To log in for the first time, click the "Teacher" tab and enter the email address used when you first signup as both your login and password.
- If you are unsure of the email address used, contact email@example.com. Include your full name and name of your institution, and we will locate your account information.
How do I change my password?
You may change your password by clicking on "Forgot Password?" in the bottom-right corner of the RRR.fm login screen. An email containing a password reset link will be sent immediately to the email address you enter in the Login box. Note that we do not have access to your password, so you must use this link if you forget your password. Once you have chosen a new password, use your existing Login (your email address) and your new password to access your account.
What if I forget my password?
Click on "Forgot Password?" in the bottom-right corner of the RRR.fm login screen. An email containing a password reset link will be sent immediately to the email address you enter in the Login box. We do not have access to your password, so you must use this link if you forget your password. Once you have chosen a new password, use your existing Login (your email address) and your new password to access your account.
How do I create a classroom?
- Log in to your Teacher Account and click on "Create a Classroom".
- Select songs from the left side of the screen by clicking on the "Add" link next to the song name. The song will move to the right side into your classroom. (See note below about previewing songs before adding.)
- Once all the songs for a classroom have been selected, click "Continue".
- On this screen you will choose a name and password for the classroom you have created.
- Choose a different name for each classroom. Students will use the name of the classroom and password you created to sign in. You may also add a classroom description and select a custom background color.
- Click "Next" when finished.
Note: To preview the song audio before adding a song to your classroom, click on "Audio Preview" located under the song name. To preview the song lyrics and worksheets, click "text preview". A white overlay box will appear on your screen. When you are finished, close the white preview box by clicking anywhere outside of it, in the grey area.
Clicking the worksheet links will download the worksheets immediately to your computer. Once downloaded, you can open and view and print lyrics and worksheets.
To preview the resources and state standards, we recommend you complete the setup of your classroom, click back into your classroom, then visit the song page and click the relevant link. You will be taken to our educationalrap.com website, where we have listed these links on the matching song page.
Where are the worksheet answer keys?
The answer keys for each song are located at the bottom of every song page, along with other links and resources. Only school administrator accounts and teacher accounts have access to the answer keys—students do not have access to them.
How do I change content for my classrooms?
Log in to your Teacher Account, click on "Edit Songs" or "Edit Description" under the name of the classroom, and follow the instructions in the help topic "How do I create a classroom?".Click on "Save Classroom" once changes have been made. You may change the content of your classrooms as often as you like.
How do I get more classrooms or songs?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will change your account capability at no additional fee. This can be done at any time.
How do I return to a classroom I've created?
There are two ways of entering a classroom:
- Use your Teacher Account login and password. This method allows entry to a classroom as a Teacher so you can make changes and view the answer keys to the worksheets.
- Use the Classroom Name and Login info you created for students. This method is the Student entry so does not permit changes, but does allow songs to be played, and lyrics and worksheets to be downloaded.
What can students access?
- Students can only access Classrooms that teachers have created and distributed login and password information to. They cannot add, change, or delete anything in a classroom. They can play the songs, download the lyrics and worksheets, and view Resources and State Standards. They do not have access to the full RRR.fm song library.
Can I download RRR.fm songs to my computer or iPod?
- No, RRR.fm provides only streaming audio, similar to a radio broadcast. The benefit of streaming audio is unlimited access for users.
- Downloads of favorite songs for backup or iPods may be obtained at reduced rates or free with an Annual subscription. For assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you obtain downloads, please do not copy or distribute to other teachers or students. We believe it is important for teachers and students to understand the ethics of purchasing versus copying copyrighted materials, and we ask for your support.
What if students want the songs for their own computers or iPods?
Many of the RRR.fm library songs are available on iTunes for 0.99 cents per track. Students may purchase a single track or multiple tracks for their iPods. All songs are available for purchase at http://www.educationalrap.com.
Can I use the music for projects or school performances?
- Yes. RRR music may be used for public broadcast or any educational purpose a teacher or school deems appropriate. This includes concerts, school assemblies, school gatherings, and fund-raising for school purposes.
- RRR music may be used to create videos or other special projects. Please credit "Rhythm, Rhyme, Results", the song name, and educationalrap.com when using the songs for any project.
- Mash-ups or use of the Instrumental Track to create students' own versions of music is permissible when used for educational purposes. For distribution outside of school activities, please contact us for permission at email@example.com.
- Rhythm, Rhyme, Results must be credited for the music (Instrumental Track) if it is used outside of school for any purpose, as it is copyrighted.
What are the legal restrictions on RRR.fm music use?
- We want RRR music to be a flexible teaching tool and one that teachers and students can use imaginatively without fear of legal issues. However, we ask that RRR music not be illegally shared by teachers (one teacher per account, please, unless subscribing to a School or District account), and that music is not illegally copied and shared. We understand that in the age of file sharing, copying, and open source, there is confusion and lines can be crossed unwittingly. If you have a question or concern, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you. We support creative educational activities.